20 Tips To Improve your
Dance Class Etiquette
at Duvall Dance Academy
- Come prepared and dressed appropriately.
- Don’t chew gum or bring food into the dance rooms.
- Never wear dance shoes outside the studio or street shoes in the dance rooms.
- Don’t wear dangling jewelry.
- Stow your personal belongings out of the way.
- Don’t come late, and if you do, enter quietly.
- Don’t talk while the teacher is talking.
- Completely silence and stow your cell phone.
- Respect the personal space of others.
- Don’t hang on the barre or slouch in class. If your sitting or sitting out, sit tall. Never lie down.
- Give the instructor space.
- Refrain from correcting others. That’s the teachers job.
- At the end of class applaud and thank the instructor.
- Don’t visibly or show boredom.
- Never give up in class out of frustration. Keep trying.
- “I can’t” is not in a dancer’s vocabulary.
- Don’t offer your opinions on choreography unless you are asked.
- Don’t record or photograph anything without permission.
- Come to class wearing deodorant & with fresh breath.
- Don’t repeatedly leave and come back in without permission. Don’t disturb the class.