MRS. T’S TIPS FOR A GREAT RECITAL DAY:
- Leave plenty of time to get to Oviedo High School… running late causes undue stress on an already long day for both you and your dancer!
- Make a nutritious breakfast the morning of the show and encourage your child to stay hydrated. Ensure your child has the energy for the long day ahead of them!
- Pack your costume, makeup, and hair supplies the night before.
- Double check you have all the tights, shoes, costumes, and accessories (hair pieces, skirts, gloves, etc.) your child will need before you leave the house.
- Have costume accessories?
- Bag them in Ziplocs and label with each costume what accessories should be included
- Write your child’s initials in all pieces of the costume, shoes, and tights to prevent mix ups and lost items.
- If you’re doing your child’s hair and makeup have a practice run before the day of the show.
- Plan on staying the ENTIRE SHOW. Your child deserves to take a bow at the end of the show and receive congratulations from the audience for all of their hard work and dedication!
Duvall Dance Academy will be fully closed for Spring Break. There will be no classes from Monday March 21st – Friday March 25. Classes will resume on Monday March 28th.
Enjoy your time off!!
RECITAL NEWSLETTER 2016
Oviedo High School Auditorium
Saturday, June 18th, 2016
Show times –1:00pm & 5:30 pm
The information contained in this letter will assist you through the remainder of the year and recital. Please refer back to it for important dates and information.
It is vital to your dancer that they attend ALL classes and rehearsals in March, April, May and June. This is to ensure that your child has a positive experience on stage.
- As costumes arrive each day, we check the fit on each student and label the costume bag. Costumes will need to be picked up in the office prior to picture day, Friday, May 13th through Saturday, May 14th. Your account must be current in order to pick up your costumes.
- There will be a costume book in March at the front desk that each parent should read. This book gives the details for each class regarding tights, shoes, hair, and makeup. PLEASE CHECK THIS BOOK for the correct spelling of your child’s name!
- Please make sure your dancer has the correct tights, shoes, and the shoes look NEW.
- Ladies, do NOT wear underwear under your tights for pictures, dress rehearsal, or recital.
- Label all your costumes and accessories. If you have more than one dance number in the recital, use Ziploc bags for small costume pieces and hang them on the hanger with the correct costume.
HAIR & MAKE-UP
- A must for even the youngest performers! The bright stage lights washout facial features. As described in the costume book, all female performers need to wear the following:
- Foundation – A shade darker than their skin tone.
- Blush – Pink, blended, not “rosy circles.”
- Eye shadow – Earth tones, NO BLUES OR GREENS.
- Black eyeliner and mascara.
- Lipstick – Dark pink or red as noted in the costume book.
*Help with hair and makeup will be available for picture day and Recital for $6 each/day!*
Picture Day: Friday, May 13th & Saturday, May 14th, 2016
- William Duvall of Photo Duvall will be our photographer. This is the only chance for group class photos. If you are unable to participate on picture day please let Ms. Kate know so that we are not waiting for your child to show up. An exact schedule for pictures will be announced soon!
RECITAL PROGRAM BOOK
- Recital Program books will be on sale at the recital for $5.00. This makes a great keepsake for your child. You can make it extra special by placing an ad in the program. Ads can be personal extending best wishes or congratulations to your child or for a business you’d like to advertise. Ad sales information will be available on picture day.
- This is the only time the children will get to practice on stage IN COSTUME with the other dancers. The rehearsals will be CLOSED to all parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, and friends. The dancers need to rehearse without any distractions and this will allow our audience to be surprised at these incredibly talented children!
- Dress rehearsal will be Friday, June 17th, at the Oviedo High School Auditorium. Recital hair styles and makeup are not required for dress rehearsal however their hair must be out of their faces.
The 1:00 show participants will have dress rehearsal from 5:00-6:30 on Friday, June 17th, 2016.
The 5:30 show participants will have dress rehearsal from 7:00-8:30 on Friday, June 17th, 2016.
- Saturday June 18th, 2016 at Oviedo High School Auditorium
- Dancers should be dropped off 45 minutes prior to the start of their shows.
- Check your costumes before you leave AND when you get to the auditorium to make sure you have not forgotten anything.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR CHILD DRESSED AND READY INCLUDING HAIR AND MAKEUP, WITH THEIR DANCE SHOES IN HAND.
- If they have more than one number, make sure you have all costumes and shoes.
- Please make a list for the volunteers in the dressing room about any “special need-to-knows” about your child or their costume(s).
- Have the little accessory pieces such as gloves, hair ties, hats, etc. in a Ziploc bag with your child’s name and class on the bag.
- Don’t worry if your child has more than one number and needs to change costumes, hair, or makeup… that is why we have a team of volunteers backstage! Just sit back and enjoy the show.
- Both shows will be professionally videotaped. No video cameras will be allowed in the auditorium. If you bring a video camera inside, you will be asked to leave. You will be able to pre-order your copy of one or both shows at the studio prior to the recital or at the auditorium the day of the recital.
- Tickets will be on sale starting May 21st on tututix.com
- All seats are reserved seating, priced at $20, $25, and $30
- There are NO REFUNDS on ticket sales!!
DIRECTIONS 601 King St., acheterdufrance.com Oviedo, FL 32765
Directions from the studio:
- Go East on Wekiva Springs Rd. (4 miles).
- Left on SR-434 East(14 miles).
- Right on W. Broadway St./SR-426 (0.5 miles)
- Right on Aulin Ave. (0.1 miles)
- Right on King St. (0.01 miles)
- Oviedo High School will be on your left.
Effective March 1st, 2015
All accounts should have a zero balance on the last day of each month. If you carry a balance you will incur a 5% finance charge on your outstanding balance. Dancewear must be paid for at the time of purchase. The only clients that may charge dancewear to the account are those on auto bill pay. Thank you for your buy-trusted-tablets.com continued patronage and support.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Classes begin Monday, January 4, 2016
We ARE open Monday, January 18, 2016
We ARE open Monday, cialisfrance24.com February 15, 2016
Look for Recital, Picture Day, & Ticket information
Closed for Spring Break- March 21- 25, 2016
Recital Pictures: May 13-14, 2015
Closed for Memorial Day- Monday, May 30, 2016
June classes end June 16, 2016
Recital Dress Rehearsal- Friday, June 17, 2016 @ Oviedo High School
Recital- Saturday, June 18, 2016 @ Oviedo High School
We are having an issue regarding late pickups. If you are more than 10 minutes late you will be charged $1.00 for every minute that you are late after that point. We understand that situations can occasionally arise which make it difficult for you to pick your child up on time but we are having to stay late, pay staff to watch children and must draw a line somewhere. Please call the front desk if you are running late and try to be as timely as possible.
Recital Costume Fees are due November 1st. The prices are as follows for each dance: $100 for Child X Small to Medium and $115 for Child Large to Adult. We must have all fees by the end of November in order to leave sufficient time for costumes to come in for Picture Day. Thank you!
Date: August 22, 2015
Time: 11:00am – 1:30pm
2015-2016 DDA Company Auditions will be held August 22nd, 2015 at Duvall Dance Academy in Longwood, FL. Please wear a black leotard with tan tights. Bring all dance shoes.
Date: August 22, 2015
Time: 9:30am – 10:30am
The Parent Meeting will be held at 9:30am the Morning of Auditions in Studio 1. Attendance is strongly recommended as we will be distrubuting important information about the upcoming dance season including important dates, deadlines, and more!